The Sweet Art Show is the annual fundraiser for our nonprofit. It fuels our organization throughout the year. Money raised from this event is critical to the success of JAM, but that does not mean we do not appreciate everything else our friends do to support us. Here are 3 great non-monetary ways to get involved with JAM!
- Get social for us. Share the event on Facebook. Invite your friends. Like our Sweet Art Show posts. Comment and encourage. There is this thing with social media called “going viral” and the more views we get for our show, the more our event will be seen by a newer audience through the complicated Facebook algorithms. Science? Maybe.
- Donate your time. We are always looking for volunteers for the show. From greeting people, to taking free will donations, to setting up and tearing down, there are so many hands needed to make the Sweet Art Show successful. It is actually really fun, and you meet some great people and new friends.
- Donate a skill. The Sweet Art Show takes quite a few talents to make the show successful. Are you a pro on the phones? We would love to get some volunteers to call out for corporate sponsor donations. Are you great at writing? We are always looking for bloggers to write posts for us (like this one). Are you a social media whiz? We would love to have live-tweeting commentary throughout the show.
JAM would not be where we are today without volunteering and donations, and most importantly, the belief in our cause from so many people in this community. We are truly grateful for everything this community has done for us over the past year and a half. We look forward to the show and what the rest of 2016 will bring! See you at the show on February 12, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., at the Icon Event Hall + Lounge.
The Sweet Art Show is the annual fundraiser for our nonprofit. It fuels our organization throughout the year. Money raised from this event is critical to the success of JAM.
Teachers are one of our primary customers at the JAM store. We love helping teachers find what they need, inspire projects or provide ideas for classrooms and students! Are you a teacher? Here are 5 great reasons to come out and support the event!
- JAM is here for your classroom needs. JAM’s primary purpose is to offer deeply discounted art and craft supplies to anyone and everyone. From markers and crayons, to drawing pads to old frames to fabric, the store is filled to the brim with items you could be using in your classroom for decorations, projects, crafts, or even to stock up on extra supplies for student’s that don’t have any.
- JAM is here for your students. If you do not know about JAM, your students may not either. Many kids in the Sioux Falls School District have a hard time paying for lunch, let alone art supplies. Promote JAM in your classroom! Let your students and student’s parents know where they can get quality art supplies that do not break the bank.
- Other teachers will be there. Every year, we interview teachers in our Art Educator Interview series. (Know of someone who should be featured? Contact us!) We love hearing what teachers have to say about art in our community and classrooms. Mingle with other art supporters and bounce creative ideas off of each other.
We look forward to seeing you at the show on February 12 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Icon Event Hall + Lounge.
The Sweet Art Show is the annual fundraiser for our nonprofit. It fuels our organization throughout the year. Money raised from this event is critical to the success of JAM! Here are 5 great reasons to be there.
- You have never even heard of JAM Art and Supplies. Great! This is the perfect opportunity to see what our nonprofit is all about. Mingle with artists. Admire artwork. Bid on raffle prizes.
- You like ice cream. Who doesn’t? I happen to love ice cream and the gourmet ice cream bar served at the Sweet Art Show is unlike any sundae bar you will ever experience.
- You need kid-friendly events and activities to attend. It’s hard to find things to do in the winter. This event is perfect! We want kids to tag along! Not only do we have some snacks and sweets to munch on, but we also have a kid’s activity table for them to play at.
- You love supporting the arts. JAM is committed to creating a thriving art community in Sioux Falls. With interviews of artists, children’s art classes, private art lessons, deeply discounted art supplies in the store and even yoga for toddlers, JAM is whole-heartedly striving to provide more and more opportunities for you (and your kids) to be involved in the arts in Sioux Falls.
- You love social gatherings. Awesome! There will be tons of people at the event. Make it a girl’s night out with a pit stop at the show, bring your family or pop in by yourself. You’ll be sure to see someone you know, or at least walk away having met some of the finest art enthusiasts in Sioux Falls!
The Sweet Art Show is truly a laid-back event. A free will donation will be taken at the door. We look forward to seeing all of your sweet faces at the show on February 12 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Icon Event Hall + Lounge.
The JAM Creative Reuse Store would not be happening if it wasn’t for you. Over the past few months, we’ve met some incredible artists and creatives in the art community – you know who you are. We’ve loved collaborating with you and meeting you, hearing your stories and needs. Plus, we love showing you off. Continue reading 5 Ways to Support JAM Art and Supplies