A downtown Sioux Falls art space regularly comes up with unique installations. But this one takes the cake.
Ipso Gallery at Fresh Produce is presenting a one-day-only art and culinary collaboration on Nov. 9: Cake Parade.
The gallery has paired five artists and five bakers to work together on a total of 10 pieces, cakes and artworks, to highlight the process-heavy techniques involved in both baking and art-making.
Baker-artist pairings for Cake Parade:
- Kristine Jackson (Queen City Bakery), Mary Groth
- Adam Rau (Looks Meat Market), Johntimothy and Patti Pizzuto
- Allie Sydow (Josiah’s), Mark Stemwedel
- Sarah Langenfeld (M.B. Haskett), Anthony Millette
- Brenda Murtha, Erin Murtha
At the show, patrons will collect free color-coded tickets to get a taste of one of the five cakes. And at the end of the night, five attendees will each win a cake.
The Ipso Gallery is housed within advertising agency Fresh Produce. The gallery unique offerings included last year’s Ka-Chunk, a show providing original artworks via vending machines. …
via the Argus. To view more, click here.