1400 East Robur Dr, Sioux Falls
Thursday, September 27, 2018
SDAF is excited to bring you an Art Battle, a live competitive painting event. The theme for the work will be revealed at the beginning of the event. Using the theme, artists will create the best work they can across three timed rounds. During each round, a new medium will be used. As the artists work, the audience is invited to move around the easels, allowing an up close view of the creative process.
At the end of the round, the audience will vote for their favorite painting.
On Friday, conference attendees will have the opportunity to place bids in a silent auction to take the paintings home. The money earned from each painting will be donated to a non-profit of the highest-bidders choice.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS
If you’re an artist who loves some friendly competition, contact us to find out more about participating in this event.
- Artists have 90 minutes to create their painting, in three 30 minute rounds.
- Artists are provided with one 24×36″ canvas, cleaning towels, a water container, *acrylic paint, and **markers.
- One medium will be used per round. Artists will be supplied with markers and acrylic paint to be used during two rounds. Each artist will bring a third medium of their choice for one round. Mediums may be used in any round order.
- Artists may use any non-mechanical tools: brushes, palette knives, rollers, sponges, tape etc.
- Pre-made images or stencils are not permitted.
- Artists may not mix paint until the round begins.
- Reference material is not permitted at the easel.
*Acrylic Colors: Titanium White, Black, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Phthalo Green, Cobalt Blue, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
**Marker Colors: Acrylic Broad-Point Markers in Yellow, Red, Blue, Black